Impact Fellowship Position —Graphic Designer at 84 Agency
84 Agency is looking for a Graphic Designer who will be responsible for collaborating on creative projects for our wide range of clients, including logo/visual identity development, website design, and print/digital collateral.
84 Agency is a creative and consulting firm located in Charleston, West Virginia, that helps changemakers tell compelling stories to connect with people and make an impact.
We work primarily with nonprofits on a range of issues including promoting economic development, fortifying food justice efforts, reducing poverty, and strengthening the talent pipeline in West Virginia. We work hard here because we know that the only way to build a better, more equitable world is to start in your own backyard.
As a Graphic Designer at 84 Agency, a typical day might include the following:
- Participate in a creative brainstorm
- Design graphic elements for a social media campaign
- Build out the prototypes for a new website
- Create infographics that demonstrate mission impact for one of our clients
- Meet with a client about an upcoming project
THIS JOB WOULD BE A GREAT FIT FOR YOU IF:
- You’re committed to doing good in the world.
- You have experience with Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, and InDesign, specifically with mockups, web design, and multimedia presentation
- You are enthusiastic about working in a highly collaborative small team setting and open office environment.
- You have skills in planning, execution, and follow-through with an ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- You have an ability to absorb and apply constructive criticism from peers and clients.
- You are a life-long learner, staying current on design trends and technologies.
AS A GRAPHIC DESIGNER YOU WILL:
- Work simultaneously on 5+ projects based on current client workload
- Create visual aspects of marketing materials, websites and other media, including infographics
- Put together disparate elements of a design created by another professional, such as the icons, photographs and other components necessary for a website design
- Consult with clients’ communications and leadership teams to create cohesive designs that reflect our clients’ values, cultures, and goals
Location: Charleston, WV
Salary Range: The compensation for this position is $31,000 annually. In addition, 84 Agency provides a great benefits package including, health, vision, and dental insurance, retirement, a generous paid time off package, and an educational stipend.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
84 Agency believes a diverse workplace creates a better work product. 84 Agency tries to live this in its recruiting process and workplace culture.
84 Agency will not illegally discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, religion, color, gender, age, national origin, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or on any other basis prohibited by law. 84 Agency is committed to nondiscrimination in all phases of employment, including employment, promotion, demotion, transfer, leaves or other approved absences, recruitment, lay-off, rate of pay, and professional development.
This position is part of Generation West Virginia’s Impact Fellowship. The Impact Fellowship invites tomorrow’s leaders to work, live and give in West Virginia by offering yearlong, paid fellowships at some of the Mountain State’s most innovative companies. During the course of a year, Impact Fellows work four days a week at one of our participating companies, while dedicating one day a week donating their brain power, time and expertise to projects in partnership with local nonprofit organizations.